Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic H: Counting 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 In Topic G, students recognized the pattern of 1 more within the counting sequence by building number stairs. In Topic H, students use...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic G: One More with Numbers 1 to 5 In Topic G, children build an understanding of consecutive numbers by discovering that each successive number name refers to a...
- Topic B marks an exciting point in Pre-K children’s math learning as they begin to explore addition of numbers to 5 through story problems. They build on the comparison work of Module 4, so that "...
- Throughout their math experiences, students will look for and make use of structure (MP.7). In Topic F, children model repeating and growth patterns using objects, sounds, and movements.
- Topic D builds on the work of Topic B, again providing opportunities for children to solve addition story problems while taking a step forward by representing the objects in the story with fingers,...
- Topic E builds on the work of previous topics, providing opportunities for children to solve subtraction story problems with abstract representations (MP.4). As in Topic D, children decontextualize...
- In Topic C, children shift focus to subtraction stories with numbers 1 to 5, again acting them out, using fingers, manipulating objects, drawing, and counting pictorial representations to model the...