Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Students read excerpts from Niccolò Machiavelli’s political treatise, The Prince. Students use the skills, practices, and routines that they have developed throughout the year to identify central...
- In this unit, students continue the research process begun in Unit 1. Students begin to deeply engage in this iterative, non-linear process with the goal of deepening students’ understanding of...
- Students read E. B. White’s personal essay “Death of a Pig.” Students analyze how White unfolds and draws connections between key events and ideas in the text while developing and refining his...
- In this unit, students encounter three documents focusing on human rights: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations in 1948; Eleanor Roosevelt’s “On the Adoption of...
- In this unit, students engage with Julia Alvarez’s autobiographical essay, “A Genetics of Justice,” continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis as well developing their understanding of...
- "In the first unit of Module 10.3, students continue to work on skills, practices, and routines introduced in Modules 10.1 and Module 10.2: reading closely, annotating text, and evidence-based...
- In this unit, students read Martin Luther King’s “Letter From A Birmingham Jail” alongside three short poems, focusing on how King develops his argument for direct action on civil rights. Students...