Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- CASE STUDY: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOF IN THE WORLD AND THE WORK OF RAINFOREST SCIENTIST MEG LOWMAN In this unit students will continue to build new reading skills and learn about the process scientists...
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- In the first half of this second unit, students continue to explore the topic of “rules to live by” as they closely read the poem “If ” by Rudyard Kipling. Students determine themes of the poem,...
- Unit 1 begins with a launch of the novel Bud, Not Buddy, with a focus on character development and the author’s use of language. Students will get to know Bud by looking at the challenges he faces...
- This unit is the culmination of the study of Linda Sue Park’s novel A Long Walk to Water and informational texts about Southern Sudan in Units 1 and 2. Students will be pulling textual evidence from...
- Unit Overview