Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- During work time today, introduce the importance of specific skills during collaborative discussions, and then begin listening to students’ discussion skills and using the Conversation Criteria...
- This lesson follows part 2 of the close reading cycle, which students were introduced to in Lesson 3 (with Rain School). Review that lesson.
- Students will need materials from Lesson 9: Excerpts from That Book Woman student copy and their Close Read recording forms.
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF THANK YOU, MR. FALKER: TEXT DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VOCABULARY Students will need materials from Lesson 9: Excerpts from Thank You, Mr. Falker (student copy), anchor chart...
- VOCABULARY: FINDING THE MEANING OF WORDS IN CONTEXT IN THE BOY WHO LOVED WORDS In advance: Pull two sentences from the book The Boy Who Loved Words, each that has a new vocabulary word in it. Use...
- This module focuses on a deep study of the classic tale Peter Pan. Students will consider the guiding question: How do writers capture a reader’s imagination?
- In this eight-week module, students explore the questions: “Who is the wolf in fiction?” and “Who is the wolf in fact?” They begin by analyzing how the wolf is characterized in traditional stories,...