Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...
- In this lesson, students are introduced to the concept of culture. Students are working not to define what culture is, but to find evidence of it.
- In this lesson, students begin to use informational text to explore the culture of Japan. This lesson specifically leads students in examining Japan’s culture as expressed by its customs.
- In this assessment, students pull together the reading, research, and writing skills they have developed to connect literary and informational texts. Students will use the texts about Japan that they...
- In this lesson, students independently apply the close reading skills they have been building throughout the module to a new informational text. This text is a supplemental material that will provide...
- During this unit, students will use a variety of recording forms to respond to their reading and develop vocabulary. Consider developing a workable organization system to help students keep track of...
- In Unit 2, students continue to develop their skills through careful reading of both literary and informational texts. Class members extend their expertise of learning about culture beyond Japan and...
- In this final unit, students continue to explore the question: “How do authors learn and share their knowledge on a topic?” Students also expand their expertise as writers by crafting a research-...
- In this eight-week module, students explore the questions: “Who is the wolf in fiction?” and “Who is the wolf in fact?” They begin by analyzing how the wolf is characterized in traditional stories,...