Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- In this first unit, students will explore the question: “Why do people seek the power of reading?” Through the study of literature, literary nonfiction, and informational articles from around the...
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- During this unit, students will use a variety of recording forms to respond to their reading and develop vocabulary. Consider developing a workable organization system to help students keep track of...
- In Unit 2, students continue to develop their skills through careful reading of both literary and informational texts. Class members extend their expertise of learning about culture beyond Japan and...
- In this final unit, students continue to explore the question: “How do authors learn and share their knowledge on a topic?” Students also expand their expertise as writers by crafting a research-...
- In this first unit, students read folktales and fables to learn about and describe how the character of the wolf is depicted through traditional narratives.
- In this unit, students begin reading a classic piece of literature to build their understanding of how writers craft stories that capture a reader’s imagination. Students will begin their study of...
- In Unit 2, students will look at Peter Pan through the lens of a writer. They will examine the author’s craft, specifically the use of dialogue and how the author uses vivid language to describe...
- In this unit, students will apply their careful reading of Peter Pan to write about the book. Students first will practice summary writing and write a brief summary of the Classic Starts edition of...