Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Grade 8 Mathematics Module 1: Integer Exponents and Scientific Notation In Grade 8 Module 1, students expand their basic knowledge of positive integer exponents and prove the Laws of Exponents for...
- Grade 8 Module 2: The Concept of Congruence In this module, students learn about translations, reflections, and rotations in the plane and, more importantly, how to use them to precisely define the...
- Grade 8 Module 3: Similarity In Module 3, students learn about dilation and similarity and apply that knowledge to a proof of the Pythagorean Theorem based on the Angle-Angle criterion for similar...
- Grade 8 Module 4: Linear Equations In Module 4, students extend what they already know about unit rates and proportional relationships to linear equations and their graphs. Students understand the...
- Grade 8 Module 5: Examples of Functions from Geometry In the first topic of this 15 day module, students learn the concept of a function and why functions are necessary for describing geometric...
- Grade 8 Module 6: Linear Functions In Grades 6 and 7, students worked with data involving a single variable. Module 6 introduces students to bivariate data. Students are introduced to a function as...
- Grade 8 Module 7: Introduction to Irrational Numbers Using Geometry Module 7 begins with work related to the Pythagorean Theorem and right triangles. Before the lessons of this module are presented...