Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- In the end, part of what school is about is "learning how to learn." Students "learn how to learn" by building knowledge and skills and then applying their knowledge and skills to meet a particular...
- One of the key anxieties about the new tests is that instruction has been reduced to preparing students for the tests. Unfortunately, rote standardized test preparation activities cause students to...
- This video is about the Common Core Standards and the Grade 3-8 state assessments in English language arts and math. Please share this video with parents and families.
- The Common Core Standards play a crucial role in helping us ensure that all of New York's students graduate from high school with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college and careers...
- Common Core in Action: fifth graders at Nathaniel Rochester Community School, also known as School 3, were enthusiastically engaged in challenging math and English Language Arts lessons when New York...
- Kristen Huff, Senior Fellow for Assessment, explains how NYSED captures and uses professional judgment and experience from the field in order to design Common Core assessments.
- What a difference a school year makes! Educators who gathered for the Network Team Institute in May talk about the transformation in teaching and learning across New York State. They say we've turned...
- As New York State released fifty-percent of annotated questions used in the 2014 State assessments for 3-8 grades, educators from Saratoga, Washington and Westchester Counties describe the value of...
- As the New York State Education Department released the results of the 3-8 Grade State Assessments for the 2013-2014 year, educators from across the State offer perspectives on the value of the data...