Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Preparing for the Mid-Unit Assessment: Planning the Children’s Book
- Mid-Unit Assessment Part 1: Writer’s Roundtable
- In this lesson, students complete the series of lessons that have helped them prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lessons 14 and 15) and the eventual position paper/essay in...
- This lesson continues to help students prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lesson 16) and the eventual position paper/essay in Unit 3, in which they will answer this prompt: “...
- This lesson centers on comparing the risks and benefits of entertainment screen time, and a large portion is devoted to this cognitive task. In Work Time A, students grapple with the risks and...
- This lesson is in many ways a culmination and celebration of the reading and research students have done thus far in this unit. It provides an opportunity for each student to share his or her...
- Introducing the Research Project: Asking the Right Questions
- Analyzing the Central Ideas, Part 2: “The Border”
- In this lesson, students complete the final section of their Researcher’s Notebook, in which they formulate a plan of action based on their research findings.
- In this lesson students use a text-based discussion protocol to revisit chapters 1-5 in the novel and discuss points of view.