Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- In Topic B, students build and partition composite shapes, exploring fraction concepts as they identify the relationships between parts and wholes. Students see in Lesson 6 that the tangram puzzle (...
- Topic C focuses on partitioning circles and rectangles into equal fractional parts. In Lesson 9, students are first introduced to partitioning shapes into two equal shares, or halves, using both...
- In Topic D, students apply fraction and skip-counting skills to telling time. The Topic starts with Lesson 13, in which students make paper clocks from templates. After a brief review of the clock...
- In Module 8, students continue to develop their geometric thinking from Grade 1, progressing from a descriptive to an analytic level of thinking, where they can recognize and characterize shapes by...
- Topic C naturally follows Topic B, where students composed and manipulated the rows and columns of an array. This topic is designed to deepen students’ understanding of spatial structuring as they...