Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Topic F introduces the factors 5 and 10, familiar from skip-counting in Grade 2. Students apply the multiplication and division strategies they have used to mixed practice with all of the factors...
- Topic A begins by revisiting the commutative property. Students study familiar facts from Module 1 to identify known facts using units of 6, 7, 8, and 9 (3.OA.5, 3.OA.7). They realize that they...
- Topic B introduces units of 6 and 7, factors that are well suited to Level 2 skip-counting strategies and to the Level 3 distributive property strategy, already familiar from Module 1. Students...
- Topic D introduces units of 9 over three days, exploring a variety of arithmetic patterns that become engaging strategies for quickly learning facts with automaticity (3.OA.3, 3.OA.7, 3.OA.9). Nines...
- In Topic E, students begin by working with facts using units of 0 and 1. From a procedural standpoint, these are simple facts that require little time for students to master; however, understanding...
- In Topic F, students multiply by multiples of 10 (3.NBT.3). To solve a fact like 2 × 30, they first model the basic fact 2 × 3 on the place value chart. Place value understanding helps them to...
- Topic A begins with solving one- and two-step word problems based on a variety of topics studied throughout the year, using all four operations (3.OA.8). The lessons emphasize modeling and reasoning...