Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- In Topic A, students extend their previous understanding of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions. They construct division stories and solve word problems involving division...
- Topic A focuses on the development of the number line in the opposite direction (to the left or below zero). Students use positive integers to locate negative integers, understanding that a number...
- Prior to division of decimals, students will revisit all decimal operations in Topic B. Students have had extensive experience of decimal operations to the hundredths and thousandths (5.NBT.7),...
- In Topic B, students apply their understanding of a rational number’s position on the number line (6.NS.C.6c) to order rational numbers. Students understand that when using a conventional horizontal...
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of the ordering of rational numbers in one dimension (on a number line) to the two-dimensional space of the coordinate plane. They construct the plane...
- In Grades 4 and 5, students used concrete models, pictorial representations, and properties to divide whole numbers (4.NBT.6, 5.NBT.6). They became efficient in applying the standard algorithm for...
- In Topic D, students think logically about multiplicative arithmetic. Students apply odd and even number properties and divisibility rules to find factors and multiples. They extend this...