Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
- The module opens in Topic A by extending students’ kindergarten experiences with direct length measurement to indirect measurement whereby the length of one object is used to compare that of two...
- Topic B adds a new level of precision to measurement by introducing the idea of a length unit. In Lesson 4, centimeter cubes are laid alongside the length of objects as students learn that the total...
- Topic C gives students a chance to explore the usefulness of measuring with similar units. The topic opens with Lesson 7, where students measure the same objects from Topic B using two different non-...
- Topic D closes the module as students organize, represent, and interpret personally relevant data in Lesson 10 (1.MD.4). As students work as a class to collect, sort, and organize data into a graph,...
- Topic D builds on students’ knowledge of parts of circles to tell time. In Lesson 10, students count and color the parts on a partitioned circle, forming the base of a paper clock. Relating this 12-...
- Through Topic E, students learn about the four most predominant U.S. coins in circulation, the penny, the nickel, the dime, and the quarter. Students identify and use the coins based on their image,...