Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Topic E leads students to a very intentional understanding and application of the equal sign and the commutative property of addition (1.OA.3 and 1.OA.7). Lessons 17 and 18 ask students to use...
- Topic F continues with the theme of more efficient strategies coupled with deep understanding to solve addition problems within 10. In Lesson 21, students begin to internalize doubles and doubles...
- Following the mid-module assessment, Topic G focuses on students understanding the meaning of subtraction as it relates to addition. In Lesson 25, students solve add to with change unknown problems...
- With a smooth transition from Topic G, Topic H provides students with rich experiences connecting subtraction to their solid foundation of addition (1.OA.4), using various word problem types (1.OA.1...
- Topic A begins with students solving word problems with three addends (1.OA.2) as a way for them to begin to explore the make ten Level 3 strategy in a meaningful context. With problems that always...
- Topic B focuses on the take from ten Level 3 strategy (1.OA.6). Students begin with word problems calling on them to subtract 9 from 10 in Lessons 12 and 13, first with concrete objects, then with...
- Topic C provides students with practice solving add to with change unknown, take from with change unknown, put together with addend unknown, and take apart with addend unknown word problems (1.OA.1...