Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- To begin this module, students are introduced to important identities that will be useful in solving equations and developing proficiency with solving problems algebraically. In Topic A, students...
- In Topic B, students experience special notations of operations. They determine that 3x = x + x + x is not the same as x3, which is x times x times x. Applying their prior knowledge from Grade 5,...
- Students represent letters with numbers and numbers with letters in Topic C. In past grades, students discovered properties of operations through example (1.OA.B.3, 3.OA.B.5). Now, they use letters...
- In Topic D, students become comfortable with new notations of multiplication and division and recognize their equivalence to the familiar notations of the prior grades. The expression 2 × b is...
- In Topic E, students express operations in algebraic form. They read and write expressions in which letters stand for and represent numbers (6.EE.A.2). They also learn to use the correct...
- Students write and evaluate expressions and formulas in Topic F. They use variables to write expressions and evaluate those expressions when given the value of the variable (6.EE.A.2). From there,...
- In Topic G, students are introduced to the fact that equations have a structure similar to some grammatical sentences. Some sentences are true: “George Washington was the first president of the...
- In Topic H, students use their prior knowledge from Module 1 to contruct tables of independent and dependent values in order to analyze equations with two variables from real-life contexts. They...