Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- In this lesson, students read like a writer and analyze figurative language and the author’s word choice, meaning, and tone in Chapter 3 of Bud, Not Buddy. • In advance: Prepare pieces of chart...
- • In the opening of this lesson, students look closely at the new routine in which they examine “Bud’s Rules and Things.” Bud’s rules show up throughout the novel and offer students another insight...
- In this lesson students continue their close read from the previous lesson now focusing on vocabulary strategies including using context clues and prefixes to determine the meaning of words.
- In this lesson students practice drawing evidence from the text to infer about the main character and narrator, and use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- In this lesson students build background knowledge about mythology through a continued close read of the text "Shrouded in Myth."