Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
- Grade 6 Module 5: Area, Surface Area, and Volume Problems In this module, students utilize their previous experiences in order to understand and develop formulas for area, volume, and surface area. ...
- In Topic A, students use composition and decomposition to determine the area of triangles, quadrilaterals, and other polygons. They determine that area is additive. Students learn through...
- In Module 3, students used coordinates and absolute value to find distances between points on a coordinate plane (6.NS.C.8). In Topic B, students extend this learning to Lessons 7 and 8 where they...
- In Grade 5, students recognized volume as an attribute of solid figures. They measured volume by packing right rectangular prisms with unit cubes and found that determining volume was the same as...
- Module 5 concludes with deconstructing the faces of solid figures to determine surface area. Students note the difference between finding the volume of right rectangular prisms and finding the...