Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Student Outcomes Students reduce rational expressions to lowest terms. Students determine the domain of rational functions.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that rational expressions form a system analogous to the rational numbers, closed underaddition, subtraction, multiplication, and division by a nonzero rational...
- In Topic B, students explore composition of functions in depth and notice that a composition of a polynomial function with the function f(x) = 1/x gives functions that can be written as ratios of...
- Student Outcomes Students observe patterns in the coefficients of the terms in binomial expansions. They formalize their observations and explore the mathematical basis for them. Students use the...
- Student Outcomes Students discover patterns in the expansion of binomials, leading to the understanding of the binomial theorem. Students use Pascal’s triangle to find the coefficients of binomial...
- Topic A brings students back to the study of complex roots of polynomial functions. Students briefly review quadratic and cubic functions and then extend familiar polynomial identities to both...
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...