Student Perception Surveys: Actionable Student Feedback Promoting Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Multiple measures of effectiveness have been shown to produce the most reliable evaluations. Surveys can provide important feedback regarding teacher and leader behaviors and the classroom/building environment. This type of targeted and immediate feedback can serve as powerful complements to other measures of educator effectiveness. This webinar guides participants through an exploration of the use of student perception surveys in continuous feedback and evaluation cycles.
Additional resources that may be used in conjunction with this webinar are as follows:
- PDF version of presentation slides
- Guidance on New York State’s Annual Professional Performance Review Law and Regulations
- List of approved surveys for use in NYS APPR
- The Commissioner's Decision on NYCDOE's APPR plan (Appendix E, p.75)
- Survey items used in the MET Study