Time: 28 minutes
Description: This webinar will address one of the critical decisions that need to be made with regard to SLOs, with a particular focus on exploring a variety of target setting models and how they can be used to align with district/BOCES, building/program and/or course goals. This webinar is meant to build upon the experiences and reflections gained from the 2012-13 school year and provide districts/BOCES with additional frames of reference, specifically around target setting, as they work to enhance implementation of SLOs in the 2013-14 school year.
In particular, this webinar will explore five target setting models:
- Individual Growth Targets
- Class-wide Minimum Rigor
- Class-wide Growth to Mastery
- Half to 100/Close the Gap
In this webinar you will:
- Examine HEDI criteria that align with the target setting models.
- Revisit considerations when setting targets.
- Examine outcomes based on various target-setting models.
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is committed to providing district leaders, teachers, and principals support as they develop and implement Student Learning Objectives (SLOs). NYSED will host a new series of short videos that aim to provide targeted assistance to teachers and principals of various specialties as they develop SLOs. Additional videos will be posted throughout the Fall. Each video will focus on key objectives, including the ability to:
1. Distinguish unique characteristics of the teaching assignment and its implications for the SLO development
2. Use three guiding questions to work through key decision points
3. Complete all 8 sections of the New York SLO template