Professional Development: View and Analyze Two Common Core Instruction Videos
Use these materials, which include two videos, two Common Core instruction evidence guides, and a Powerpoint presentation, to conduct a professional development workshop focused on Common Core instruction. Or, use these resources on your own or with your colleagues to analyze practice and improve your own instruction.
This workshop features a Grade 2 math lesson and a Grade 5 ELA lesson. Participants will use specific indicators on the Common Core evidence guide and the corresponding Common Core Standards to analyze the instruction and determine possible feedback that could be shared with the teacher. Participants are then encouraged to reflect on their own practice given these resources and identify where they are solid in their instruction and where they have room to grow.
These materials were presented at the May 2013 Network Team Institute.
- Video Analysis and Action Planning Presentation
- Common Core Learning Standards (ELA)
- Common Core Learning Standards (Mathematics)
- New York State CCSS Evidence Guide for Planning and Practice in a Single Lesson (English Language Arts & Mathematics)
- Common Core Instruction: Use Modeling and Tools to Solve Three Digit Subtraction Problems
Grade 2/Math/Model and Regroup
- Common Core Instruction: Making a Claim Using Two Texts with Similar Themes
Valuable Video Resources