In order to assist educators with the implementation of the Common Core, the New York State Education Department provides curricular modules in P-12 English Language Arts and Mathematics that schools and districts can adopt or adapt for local purposes. The full year of Grade 5 English Language Arts curriculum is available.
- Grade 5 ELA Curriculum Map - These documents provide educators a road map for implementing the modules across a school year.
- Grades 3-5 ELA Curriculum Plan - These documents provide educators a road map for implementing the modules across a school year.
- Appendix 1: Protocols and Resources
- Appendix 2: Graphic Organizers
- Foundational Reading and Language Standards Resources Package for Grades 3–5
- Scaffolding Instruction for English Language Learners: Resource Guides for English Language Arts and Mathematics