MID-UNIT 2 ASSESSMENT AND DISCUSSING THEMES IN ESPERANZA RISING: (CHAPTER 9: “LAS CIRUELAS/PLUMS”)
- Review Chapter 9, “Las Papas/Plums” from Esperanza Rising, and the answers to Mid-Unit 2 Assessment.
- There is no comprehension quiz entrance ticket today, since students complete the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment.
- Review Final Word Seminar protocol (see Appendix)
- The Final Word Seminar protocol was chosen intentionally to provide less scaffolding to students than the specific the text-dependent questions students have used in previous lessons to guide their triad discussion. The expectation is that students become increasingly independent with finding relevant evidence to support their analysis.
- Students may be familiar with some of the vocabulary terms identified for this lesson; many of these words were chosen specifically to help students focus on the blanket metaphor more carefully.