These Tell It Again! Read-Aloud Image Cards for Early World Civilizations contain of a set of 14 images on cards, used for extension activities in Listening & Learning strand lessons. By the end of the domain, students will be able to:
1. Look at each picture and think about what it happening and what part of a particular read-aloud it depicts;
2. Using a chart, identify and compare components of the civilizations of Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt, including farming, cities, writing, leaders, and religion;
3. Share in a group and with the class what they have learned about the Mesopotamian and ancient Egyptian civilizations from previous read-alouds;
4. Create a timeline and chart image cards showing the progression from and difference between ancient times and modern times;
5. Perform an action or give a clue about the picture on a given image card and the habitat to which the image card belongs; and
6. Use the clues given by other students, and knowledge of the domain, to correctly guess what is being described on a given image card.