With the transition to the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS), significant changes have been made to the New York State Testing Program (NYSTP). To guide item (test question) development and to help ensure that NYS tests are measuring the CCLS for Mathematics and ELA with fidelity, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) has developed Item Review Criteria and additional guidance resources. These documents, while intended for use by assessment developers and reviewers, can also be used by educators in the classroom to develop CCLS-aligned instruction.
- New York State Item Review Criteria for Grade 3-8 Mathematics Tests
- New York State Item Review Criteria for Grade 3-8 English Language Arts Tests
- Multiple Representations for NYS Grade 3-8 Common Core Mathematics Tests
- New York State Passage Selection Resources for Grade 3-8 Assessments
- Selection of Authentic Texts for Common Core Instruction: Guidance and a List of Resources for Text Selection
- Annotated 2013 3-8 ELA and Mathematics State Test Questions