- Students distinguish between observational studies, surveys and experiments.
- Students explain why random selection is an important consideration in observational studies and surveys, and
- why random assignment is an important consideration in experiments.
- Students recognize when it is reasonable to generalize the results of an observational study or survey to some
- larger population, and when it is reasonable to reach a cause-and-effect conclusion about the relationship
- between two variables.