Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...
- Topic A brings students back to the study of complex roots of polynomial functions. Students briefly review quadratic and cubic functions and then extend familiar polynomial identities to both...
- Student Outcomes Students convert between the real and complex forms of equations for ellipses. Students write equations of ellipses and represent them graphically.
- Student Outcomes Students derive the equations of ellipses given the foci, using the fact that the sum of distances from the foci is constant.
- Student Outcomes Students learn to graph equations of the form x2/a2 - y2/b2 =1 . Students derive the equations of hyperbolas given the foci, using the fact that the difference of distances from the...