Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...
- In Topic D, students apply and reinforce the concepts of the module as they examine and compare exponential, piecewise, and step functions in a real-world context (F-IF.C.9). They create equations...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- In Topic C, students explore the families of functions that are related to the parent functions, specifically for quadratic (f(x) = x2), square root (f(x) = the square root of x), and cube root (f(x...
- Topic A focuses on the skills inherent in the modeling process: representing graphs, data sets, or verbal descriptions using explicit expressions (F-BF.A.1a) when presented in graphic form in Lesson...
- Tables, graphs, and equations all represent models. We use terms such as “symbolic” or “analytic” to refer specifically to the equation form of a function model; “descriptive model” refers to a...