Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Student Outcomes Students approximate the value of quantities that involve positive irrational exponents. Students extend the domain of the function f(x) =bx for positive real numbers b to all real...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- In Topic A, students both review what they already know about exponential expressions and functions with integer exponents, and extend the meaning of an exponential expression to allow for first...
- Student Outcomes Students write an exponential function that represents the amount of water in a tank after t seconds if the height of the water doubles every 10 seconds. Students discover Euler’s...
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...