Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- In Topic D, students apply and reinforce the concepts of the module as they examine and compare exponential, piecewise, and step functions in a real-world context (F-IF.C.9). They create equations...
- Student Outcomes Students graph simple quadratic equations of the form y = a(x - h)2 + k (completed-square or vertex form), recognizing that (h,k) represents the vertex of the graph and use a graph...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of exponential functions and transformations of functions to a contextual situation.
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 3: Linear and Exponential Functions In earlier grades, students define, evaluate, and compare functions and use them to model relationships between quantities. In this module,...