Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
- Topic F concludes the module with comparing fractions that have the same numerator. As they compare fractions by reasoning about their size, students understand that fractions with the same...
- In Topic E, they notice that some fractions with different units are placed at the exact same point on the number line, and therefore are equal (3.NF.3a). For example, 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, and 4/8 are...
- Students transfer their work to the number line in Topic D. They begin by using the interval from 0 to 1 as the whole. Continuing beyond the first interval, they partition, place, count, and...
- In Topic C, students practice comparing unit fractions with fraction strips, specifying the whole and labeling fractions in relation to the number of equal parts in that whole (3.NF.3d).
- In Topic B, students compare unit fractions and learn to build non-unit fractions with unit fractions as basic building blocks (3.NF.3d). This parallels the understanding that the number 1 is the...
- Objective: Decompose fractions using area models to show equivalence.
- Grade 3 Mathematics Module 5: Fractions as Numbers on the Number Line In this 35-day Grade 3 module, students extend and deepen second grade practice with "equal shares" to understanding fractions as...