Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.IC.6
- Making Inferences And Justifying Conclusions
- Make Inferences And Justify Conclusions From Sample Surveys, Experiments, And Observational Studies
- State Standard:
- Evaluate reports based on data.
- Student Outcomes Students critique and evaluate statements in published reports that involve determining if there is a significant difference between two treatments in a statistical experiment.
- Conclusions are drawn based on data from a statistical experiment. Simulation is used to explore whether an oberved difference in group means is significant. Published reports based on statisical...
- Student Outcomes Students interpret margin of error from reports that appear in newspapers and other media. Students critique and evaluate statements in published reports that involve estimating a...
- The purposes of and differences among observational studies, surveys, experiments are explored along with how randomization relates to each. Data from random samples are used to estimate a...
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data Students build a formal understanding of probability, considering complex events such as unions, intersections, and complements as well as the concept of...