Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.IC.3
- Making Inferences And Justifying Conclusions
- Make Inferences And Justify Conclusions From Sample Surveys, Experiments, And Observational Studies
- State Standard:
- Recognize the purposes of and differences among sample surveys, experiments, and observational studies; explain how randomization relates to each.
- Student Outcomes Given a description of a statistical experiment, students identify the response variable and the treatments. Students recognize the different purposes of random selection and of...
- Conclusions are drawn based on data from a statistical experiment. Simulation is used to explore whether an oberved difference in group means is significant. Published reports based on statisical...
- Student Outcomes Students distinguish between observational studies, surveys and experiments. Students explain why random selection is an important consideration in observational studies and surveys...
- The purposes of and differences among observational studies, surveys, experiments are explored along with how randomization relates to each. Data from random samples are used to estimate a...
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data Students build a formal understanding of probability, considering complex events such as unions, intersections, and complements as well as the concept of...