Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: PK.CC.1
- Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and the count sequence.
- State Standard:
- Count to 20.
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic A: Matching Objects In Topic A, children learn to match concrete objects with common attributes. By observing an object’s attributes, children can begin to...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic B: Sorting In Topic B, children sort objects into groups using given attributes such as color, shape, size, and texture. This topic lays the foundation for...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic C: How Many Questions with 1, 2, or 3 Objects In Topic C, students build on their knowledge of sorting objects and counting to 3 as they learn to answer how many...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic D: Match 1 Numeral with up to 3 Objects The important work of Topic D involves students answering how many questions for groups of up to 3, finding the matching...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic E: How Many Questions with 4 or 5 Objects Topics E and F mimic Topics C and D, extending children’s understanding of the number core to quantities of 4 and 5. ...
- In Topic A, children build upon their understanding of the number core from Module 1, now including quantities of 6 and 7.
- In Topic C, children incorporate the number 8 into their understanding of the number core. More time is spent with the number 8 because it is the most challenging of the numbers 6–9, being 3 away...
- Topic E opens with an exciting new number, zero. The remaining lessons continue the pattern established in Topics A and C, with children counting and answering how many questions with numbers to 9.
- Topic G continues the pattern established in Topics A, C, and E, incorporating numbers to 10 into their understanding of the number core.
- Throughout their math experiences, students will look for and make use of structure (MP.7). In Topic F, children model repeating and growth patterns using objects, sounds, and movements.