Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: N.VM.9
- Vector And Matrix Quantities
- Perform Operations On Matrices And Use Matrices In Applications.
- State Standard:
- (+) Understand that, unlike multiplication of numbers, matrix multiplication for square matrices is not a commutative operation, but still satisfies the associative and distributive properties.
- Student Outcomes Students will create a short animation in ALICE 3.1 using one-step procedures. Students will apply their understanding of the mathematics of projecting three-dimensional images onto...
- Student Outcomes Students learn to project points in 3-dimensional space onto a 2-dimensional plane. Students learn how to simulate 3-dimensional turning on a 2-dimensional screen.
- Student Outcomes Through discovery, students will understand how challenging it is to project three-dimensional objects onto a two-dimensional space. Students will understand that vanishing points...
- In Topic E students apply the knowledge developed in this module to understand how first-person video games use matrix operations to project three-dimensional objects onto two-dimensional screens and...
- Student Outcomes Students discover and verify that matrix multiplication is distributive. Students discover and verify that matrix multiplication is associative.
- Student Outcomes Students prove both geometrically and algebraically that matrix addition is commutative.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that, unlike multiplication of numbers, matrix multiplication is not commutative.
- Topic B explores the geometric context for higher-dimensional matrices. The geometric effect of matrix operations—matrix product, matrix sum, and scalar multiplication—are examined, and students...
- Module 2 extends the concept of matrices introduced in Module 1. Students look at incidence relationships in networks and encode information about them via high-dimensional matrices. Matrix...