Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: N.VM.7
- Vector And Matrix Quantities
- Perform Operations On Matrices And Use Matrices In Applications.
- State Standard:
- (+) Multiply matrices by scalars to produce new matrices, e.g., as when all of the payoffs in a game are doubled.
- Student Outcomes Students verify that 3 x 3 matrices represent linear transformations from ℝ ⇒ℝ. Students investigate the matrices associated with transformations such as dilations and reflections...
- Student Outcomes Students use parallelograms to interpret the sum of two points in ℝ geometrically. Students make a similar interpretation for the sum of two points in ℝ. Students recognize that...
- Student Outcomes Students will review their understanding of linear transformations on real and complex numbers as well as linear transformations in two-dimensional space. They will use their...
- Topic B explores the geometric context for higher-dimensional matrices. The geometric effect of matrix operations—matrix product, matrix sum, and scalar multiplication—are examined, and students...
- Student Outcomes Students use matrices to represent data based on transportation networks. Students multiply matrices of appropriate dimensions and interpret the meaning of this arithmetic in terms...
- Student Outcomes Students use matrices to represent data based on transportation networks. Students multiply a matrix by a scalar, add and subtract matrices of appropriate dimensions, and interpret...
- In Topic A, students look at incidence relationships in networks and encode information about them via high-dimensional matrices. Questions on counting routes, the results of combining networks,...
- Module 2 extends the concept of matrices introduced in Module 1. Students look at incidence relationships in networks and encode information about them via high-dimensional matrices. Matrix...