Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: N.VM.1
- Vector And Matrix Quantities
- Represent And Model With Vector Quantities.
- State Standard:
- (+) Recognize vector quantities as having both magnitude and direction. Represent vector quantities by directed line segments, and use appropriate symbols for vectors and their magnitudes (e.g., v, |v|, ||v||, v).
- Student Outcomes Students understand the forces involved in constructing a stone arch. Students add and subtract vectors given in magnitude and direction form. Students solve problems that can be...
- Student Outcomes Students use vectors to define a translation map and translate geometric figures in ℝ and ℝ . Students represent and perform calculations with three-dimensional vectors and...
- Student Outcomes Students add and subtract vectors and understand those operations geometrically and component-wise. Students understand scalar multiplication graphically and perform it component-...
- Topic D opens with a formal definition of a vector. The arithmetical work for vector addition, subtraction, scalar multiplication, and vector magnitude is explored along with the geometrical...
- Module 2 extends the concept of matrices introduced in Module 1. Students look at incidence relationships in networks and encode information about them via high-dimensional matrices. Matrix...