Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: N.CN.9
- The Complex Number System
- Use Complex Numbers In Polynomial Identities And Equations.
- State Standard:
- (+) Know the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra; show that it is true for quadratic polynomials.
- Student Outcomes Students determine the complex roots of polynomial equations of the form xn = 1 and, more generally, equations of the form xn = k positive integers n and positive real numbers k....
- Student Outcomes Students apply their understanding of polynomial identities that have been extended to the complex numbers to find the square roots of complex numbers.
- Student Outcomes Students determine all solutions of polynomial equations over the set of complex numbers and understand the implications of the fundamental theorem of algebra, especially for...
- Topic A brings students back to the study of complex roots of polynomial functions. Students briefly review quadratic and cubic functions and then extend familiar polynomial identities to both...
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra; that all polynomial expressions factor into linear terms in the realm of complex numbers. Consequences, in particular, for...