Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: K.MD.1
- Measurement And Data
- Describe And Compare Measurable Attributes.
- State Standard:
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
- The module culminates with a series of three measurement and comparison exploration tasks. In Lesson 29, students compare volume by moving a constant amount of colored water between containers of...
- In Topic D, students compare volume in the same progression as that of weight in Topic C. In Lesson 13, they see that one container holds more rice than another by pouring the rice from the first...
- In Topics A and B, students compared length and height, and now, in Topic C, they compare the weight of objects, progressing from informal comparisons of objects (comparing the weight of a book to...
- In Topic A, students compared length and height of different objects when their endpoints were aligned and not aligned. Topic B continues with informal comparison of length with students comparing...
- In Module 2, students observed, analyzed, and categorized geometric shapes by focusing on their attributes; they now launch into the process of recognizing and comparing these attributes. In Module 3...
- Objective: Culminating task—describe measurable attributes of single objects.
- Objective: Compare volume using more than, less than, and the same as by pouring.
- Objective: Compare using heavier than and lighter than with classroom objects.
- Objective: Compare lengths using taller than and shorter than with aligned and non-aligned endpoints.
- Grade K Module 3: Comparison of Length, Weight, Capacity, and Numbers to 10 After students observed, analyzed, and classified objects by shape into pre-determined categories in Module 2, they now...