Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: K.G.4
- Analyze, Compare, Create, And Compose Shapes.
- State Standard:
- Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/“corners”) and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
- Topic C closes the module with discrimination between flats and solids. In Lesson 9, students are identifying and sorting flat and solid shapes. The goal of this lesson is to focus the student’s...
- The lessons of Topic B reiterate those of Topic A but with solid shapes. Lesson 6 begins with students finding solid shapes in their environment. They might find bottles of paint, tissue boxes, balls...
- Students began the year developing number concepts by observing their world. Now, students begin to develop spatial reasoning and geometric concepts by experiencing flat and solid shapes in their...
- Objective: Compose solids using flat shapes as a foundation.
- Objective: Culminating Task—collaborative groups create displays of different flat shapes with examples, non-examples, and a corresponding solid shape.
- Objective: Find and describe solid shapes using informal language without naming.
- Objective: Find and describe flat triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and circles using informal language without naming.
- Grade K Module 2: Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Shapes Module 2 explores two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes. Students learn about flat and solid shapes independently as well as...