Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.9
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Apply Trigonometry To General Triangles
- State Standard:
- (+) Derive the formula A = 1/2 ab sin(C) for the area of a triangle by drawing an auxiliary line from a vertex perpendicular to the opposite side.
- In this topic, students first distinguish between discrete and continuous random variables and then focus on probability distributions for discrete random variables. In the early lessons of this...
- Student Outcomes Students prove the formula Area = 1/2 bc sin(A) for a triangle. They reason geometrically and numerically to find the areas of various triangles.
- Students derive sophisticated applications of the trigonometric functions in Topic B including: the area formula for a general triangle, the law of sines, the law of cosines, and Heron’s formula. ...
- This module revisits trigonometry that was introduced in Geometry and Algebra II, uniting and further expanding the ideas of right triangle trigonometry and the unit circle. New tools are introduced...
- Student Outcomes Students prove that the area of a triangle is one-half times the product of two side lengths times the sine of the included angle and solve problems using this formula. Students find...