Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.8
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Define Trigonometric Ratios And Solve Problems Involving Right Triangles
- State Standard:
- Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.★
- Student Outcomes Students develop an understanding of how to determine a missing angle in a right triangle diagram and applythis to real world situations.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that the Law of Sines can be used to find missing side lengths in a triangle when you know the measures of the angles and one side length. Students understand...
- Student Outcomes Students find missing side lengths of an acute triangle given one side length and the measures of two angles. Students find the missing side length of an acute triangle given two...
- Student Outcomes Students prove that the area of a triangle is one-half times the product of two side lengths times the sine of the included angle and solve problems using this formula. Students find...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite the Pythagorean Theorem in terms of sine and cosine ratios, and use it in this form to solve problems. Students write tangent as an identity in terms of sine and...
- Student Outcomes Students use graphing calculator to find the values of sin θ and cos θ for θ between 0 and 90. Students solve for missing sides of a right triangle given the length of one side and...
- Students link their understanding of similarity and relationships within similar right triangles formally to trigonometry. In addition to the terms sine, cosine, and tangent, students study the...
- Geometry Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry Just as rigid motions are used to define congruence in Module 1, so dilations are added to define similarity in Module 2. To be able to discuss...