Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.6
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Define Trigonometric Ratios And Solve Problems Involving Right Triangles
- State Standard:
- Understand that by similarity, side ratios in right triangles are properties of the angles in the triangle, leading to definitions of trigonometric ratios for acute angles.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that the value of the tangent ratio of the angle of elevation or depression of a line is equal to the slope of the line. Students use the value of the tangent...
- It is convenient, as adults, to use the notation “ ” to refer to the value of the square of the sine function. However, rushing too fast to this abbreviated notation for trigonometric functions...
- In Lesson 26, students discover that the values of the and ratios in a right triangle depend solely on the measure of the acute angle by which the adjacent, opposite, and hypotenuse sides are...
- Students link their understanding of similarity and relationships within similar right triangles formally to trigonometry. In addition to the terms sine, cosine, and tangent, students study the...
- Geometry Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry Just as rigid motions are used to define congruence in Module 1, so dilations are added to define similarity in Module 2. To be able to discuss...