Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.5
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Prove Theorems Involving Similarity
- State Standard:
- Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
- Student Outcomes Students indirectly solve for measurements involving right triangles using scale factors, ratios between similar figures, and ratios within similar figures. Students use...
- Students learn what it means for two figures to be similar in general, and then focus on triangles and what criteria predict that two triangles will be similar. Length relationships within and...
- Geometry Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry Just as rigid motions are used to define congruence in Module 1, so dilations are added to define similarity in Module 2. To be able to discuss...