Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.3
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Understand Similarity In Terms Of Similarity Transformations
- State Standard:
- Use the properties of similarity transformations to establish the AA criterion for two triangles to be similar.
- Student Outcomes Students prove the side-angle-side criterion for two triangles to be similar and use it to solve triangle problems. Students prove the side-side-side criterion for two triangles to...
- Student Outcomes Students prove the angle-angle criterion for two triangles to be similar and use it to solve triangle problems.
- Students learn what it means for two figures to be similar in general, and then focus on triangles and what criteria predict that two triangles will be similar. Length relationships within and...
- Geometry Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry Just as rigid motions are used to define congruence in Module 1, so dilations are added to define similarity in Module 2. To be able to discuss...