Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.2
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Understand Similarity In Terms Of Similarity Transformations
- State Standard:
- Given two figures, use the definition of similarity in terms of similarity transformations to decide if they are similar; explain using similarity transformations the meaning of similarity for triangles as the equality of all corresponding pairs of angles and the proportionality of all corresponding pairs of sides.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that similarity is reflexive, symmetric, and transitive. Students recognize that if two triangles are similar, there is a correspondence such that corresponding...
- Student Outcomes Students know the properties of a similarity transformation are determined by the transformations that compose the similarity transformation. Students are able to apply a similarity...
- Student Outcomes Students define a similarity transformation as the composition of basic rigid motions and dilations. Students define two figures to be similar if there is a similarity transformation...
- Students learn what it means for two figures to be similar in general, and then focus on triangles and what criteria predict that two triangles will be similar. Length relationships within and...
- Geometry Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry Just as rigid motions are used to define congruence in Module 1, so dilations are added to define similarity in Module 2. To be able to discuss...