Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.SRT.1.a
- Similarity, Right Triangles, And Trigonometry
- Understand Similarity In Terms Of Similarity Transformations
- State Standard:
- A dilation takes a line not passing through the center of the dilation to a parallel line, and leaves a line passing through the center unchanged.
- Student Outcomes Students prove that dilations map an angle to an angle with equal measure. Students understand how dilations map triangles, squares, rectangles, trapezoids, and regular polygons.
- In Grade 8, students informally showed that a dilation maps a segment to a segment on the coordinate plane. The lesson includes an opening discussion that reminds students of this fact. Next,...
- In the last lesson, students learned about the triangle side splitter theorem, which is now used to prove the dilation theorem. In Grade 8 students learned about the fundamental theorem of...
- Student Outcomes Students prove that a dilation maps a ray to a ray, a line to a line and a circle to a circle.