Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.MG.2
- Modeling With Geometry
- Apply Geometric Concepts In Modeling Situations
- State Standard:
- Apply concepts of density based on area and volume in modeling situations (e.g., persons per square mile, BTUs per cubic foot).★
- Student Outcomes Visualize cross-sections of three-dimensional objects. Have an understanding of how a 3D printer works and its relation to Cavalieri’s principle.
- Student Outcomes Students use Cavalieri’s principle and the cone cross section theorem to show that a general pyramid or cone has volume 1/3Bh where B is the area of the base and h is the height by...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the precise language that describes the properties of volume. Students understand that the volume of any right cylinder is given by the formula area of base×...
- Students study the basic properties of two-dimensional and three-dimensional space, noting how ideas shift between the dimensions. They learn that general cylinders are the parent category for...
- Geometry Module 3: Extending to Three Dimensions Module 3, Extending to Three Dimensions, builds on students’ understanding of congruence in Module 1 and similarity in Module 2 to prove volume...