Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.GPE.7
- Expressing Geometric Properties With Equations
- Use Coordinates To Prove Simple Geometric Theorems Algebraically
- State Standard:
- Use coordinates to compute perimeters of polygons and areas of triangles and rectangles, e.g., using the distance formula.★
- Student Outcomes: Students find the perimeter of a triangle or quadrilateral in the coordinate plane given a description by inequalities. Students find the area of a triangle or quadrilateral in the...
- Student Outcomes: Students find the perimeter of a quadrilateral in the coordinate plane given its vertices and edges. Students find the area of a quadrilateral in the coordinate plane given its...
- Student Outcomes: Students find the perimeter of a triangle in the coordinate plane using the distance formula. Students state and apply the formula for area of a triangle with vertices (0,0),(x1, y1...
- Students sketch the regions, determine points of intersection (vertices), and use the distance formula to calculate perimeter and the “shoelace” formula to determine area of these regions. Students...
- Student Outcomes: Given a segment in the coordinate plane, students find the segments obtained by rotating the given segment by 90° counterclockwise and clockwise about one endpoint.
- Student Outcomes: Given two points in the coordinate plane and a rectangular or triangular region, students determine whether the line through those points meets the region, and if it does, they...
- Students describe rectangles (with edges parallel to the axes) and triangles in the coordinate plane by means of inequalities. For example, the rectangle in the coordinate plane with lower left...
- Student Outcomes Given a physical situation (e.g., a room of a certain shape and dimensions, with objects at certain positions and a robot moving across the room), students impose a coordinate system...
- Students impose a coordinate system and describe the movement of the robot in terms of line segments and points. This leads to graphing inequalities and discovering regions in the plane can be...
- Geometry Module 4: Connecting Algebra and Geometry Through Coordinates In this module, students explore and experience the utility of analyzing algebra and geometry challenges through the framework...
- In this installment of the video professional development series, there are two videos for small groups of educators to learn from the Common Core in practice. The first video does not include...
- This Geometry Common Core video features ninth and tenth grade students from Webster, New York. The lesson focuses on Standards G-GPE.7, A-REI.12 and G-GMD.4