Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.GPE.5
- Expressing Geometric Properties With Equations
- Use Coordinates To Prove Simple Geometric Theorems Algebraically
- State Standard:
- Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
- Student Outcomes: Students recognize parallel and perpendicular lines from slope. Students create equations for lines satisfying criteria of the kind: “Contains a given point and is parallel/...
- Student Outcomes: Students state the relationship between previously used formats for equations for lines and the new format a1x + a2y + c, recognizing the segments from (0,0) to (a1, a2) as a normal...
- Student Outcomes: Students generalize the criterion for perpendicularity of two segments that meet at a point to any two segments in the Cartesian plane. Students apply the criterion to determine if...
- The challenge of programming robot motion along segments parallel or perpendicular to a given segment leads to an analysis of slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines. Students write equations for...
- Geometry Module 4: Connecting Algebra and Geometry Through Coordinates In this module, students explore and experience the utility of analyzing algebra and geometry challenges through the framework...